A Peek at Homecoming

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Peek at Homecoming

Queen Candidate Leanne Rack

Queen Candidate Leanne Rack

Ashley Steiner

Queen Candidate Leanne Rack

Ashley Steiner

Ashley Steiner

Queen Candidate Leanne Rack

Ashley Steiner
Queen Candidate Leanne Rack

Homecoming is just around the corner, and students at TMP are bustling with excitement as they wait for the upcoming week.  “I really love homecoming week because it gives students a chance to participate in activities that bring us closer together,” Kyleigh Allen ‘21 exclaimed with a smile. At TMP, homecoming is a huge event for the students. The week consists of many entertaining activities that celebrate the students pride in their school. Students take part in numerous school related activities, such as float building and even attending a bonfire. Homecoming isn’t just for students, and it is way more than a football game. It also a week where alumni and staff can reconnect with their old friends, and reminisce on the days they attended TMP.

Everyone, especially the candidates, wait in anticipation for the announcement of the homecoming king and queen at the football game on Friday September 21st. The king candidates are Cameron Rozean, Grant Ginther, Bryce Hickman, Sheldon Weber, and Ethan Lang. Queen candidates include Emily Schippers, Tiffany Pfeifer, Leanne Rack, Aubry Appelhans, and Jillian Lowe. These candidates were selected by their peers, and were nominated to represent the TMP senior class. Leanne Rack ‘19, homecoming candidate and the student council secretary expressed that she was very honored that the student body chose her to be a candidate, and that it will be something she will always remember. “I think the most exciting thing about being a candidate is getting to dress up for the parade and the game on Friday. I’ve heard stories over the past years of little kids telling their parents that they see a “princess”, so something I’m really looking forward to is being able to see the smiles on the little kids’ faces as they see the queen candidates in their formal dresses,” Rack went on to explain. The week wraps up with the homecoming dance, on Saturday September 22nd, where students will gather with friends to have fun, and even bust out a few moves on the dance floor.