The Chancellor

Homecoming Bonfire

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming Bonfire

King and queen candidates of 2018 homecoming

Morgan Staab

Morgan Staab

Morgan Staab

Abby Rueschhoff

Every year at homecoming, students get to celebrate their school pride at the annual bonfire. This year, unfortunately, the bonfire was not lit due to inadequate weather, and the activities were held in the fieldhouse instead. On Thursday, September 20, 2018, TMP’s field house was filled with the words of the TMP fight song as students celebrated their school pride. To start the night, the athletes were sent down to the court, and Father Earl and the crowd of students and parents prayed to give the athletes the strength and courage to achieve greatness in each fall sport. Once everyone was back upstairs, the Homecoming candidates were announced, and were asked some questions that gave the crowd a good chuckle. Soon after, the freshmen were told to show the school their banner they created on Tuesday, and asked to shout their class chant as loud as they could. Next the Sophomores, then the Juniors, and finally the Seniors did the same. After that was said and done, the judges voted on which banner was the best. The freshmen came in fourth, juniors came in third, sophomores came in second, and the winners were the seniors. The judges also voted on the best class chant. Freshmen came in fourth, juniors came in third, seniors came in second, and before Mr. Harris could say that the sophomores won the chant, the loud roars and cheers from the sophomores were heard all throughout the gym. Mr. Harris turned off the lights in the gym, and told everyone to grab their glow sticks they had gotten before the pep rally and put them high in the air, as they listened to the music blare through the speakers. Some even turned on their flashlights on their phones. Then the lights were turned back on, and the cheerleaders did a couple of wonderful dances to bring more spirit to the crowd. To finish the night, the cheerleaders sang the fight song one last time with the family and students who gathered together to honor their school pride.

• Academics

Do the Rewards make a Difference?

• Academics

Book Club

• Academics

KMAS Trip Opportunity

• Academics

Favorite Memories

• Homecoming Bonfire

Academics

5 Tips to Study for the PSAT

• Academics

Scholars Bowl 2018-2019

• Homecoming Bonfire

Academics

Five Tips to get You Through the Week

• Homecoming Bonfire

Academics

Homecoming 2018: Another One for the Books

• Homecoming Bonfire

Academics

Homecoming Memories and Laughter

• Homecoming Bonfire

Academics

A Peek at Homecoming

The Student News Site of Thomas More Prep Marian Jr/Sr High School
Homecoming Bonfire