The Chancellor

Five Tips to get You Through the Week

Morgan Staab

For many students, Monday’s are the worst day of the week. The weekend always goes by too fast, and we find ourselves dreading Monday. It can be difficult to keep a positive attitude when you are not ready to start the week.  Here are five tips to help get you past the “Bad case of the Mondays,” so you can have a great and successful week.

1. Stay Organized

Use your agenda.  Write down assignments, their due dates, projects, tests, and schedule study times.  Doing this helps you stay on task, and helps ward off procrastination. Make a list of what you need to do and what you could do for the week, then mark those items off as you complete them.

1. Don’t be so Hard on Yourself

So, you might not have done too well on a test or a homework assignment. Don’t fill your head with negative thoughts, it will affect your whole week by bringing about a self- doubting mood.  Dr. Richard Davidson, a professor of psychology at the University of Wisconsin- Madison, says “Self-criticism can take a toll on our mind and bodies (Kelly).” So, if you feel too stressed, go outside and take a walk to clear your mind.  Just remember…everyone stumbles along the way, but we also learn from those little stumbles.

1. Enjoy the Simple Things

If you seem to be down, or just having the worst day possible, pick out one good thing that made you smile or laugh that day. There is always something to be thankful for.

1. Talk to Someone

Whether it is a friend, family member, or even a teacher, talk to someone about your struggles. You shouldn’t let things build up in your mind, but rather let those thoughts out. If that doesn’t work, try take your mind off things that have been stressing you out by having some fun.

1. Pray

When all else fails, pray. Praying is the best way to put your mind at ease. It doesn’t need to be long, just stop in the chapel for a few minutes and offer your struggles up to God. Ask Him to relieve your mind of the things that have been bothering you. Place your trust in God because everything thing happens for a reason.

Getting through the school week is hard, and even as nice as it would seem, we can’t nap the whole week. So, the next time you feel stressed about Monday, try a few of these tips and see how they can improve your week.

Kelly, Colleen. 7 Ways to Get Through A Stressful School Week. The Odyssey Online. Oct. 5th 2015. <https://www.theodysseyonline.com/7-ways-stressful-school-week>.

• Five Tips to get You Through the Week

Academics

5 Tips to Study for the PSAT

• Academics

Scholars Bowl 2018-2019

• Five Tips to get You Through the Week

Academics

Homecoming 2018: Another One for the Books

• Five Tips to get You Through the Week

Academics

Homecoming Bonfire

• Five Tips to get You Through the Week

Academics

Homecoming Memories and Laughter

• Five Tips to get You Through the Week

Academics

A Peek at Homecoming

• Five Tips to get You Through the Week

Academics

Monarchs place third at State Chess

• Academics

Scholars Bowl at Colby

• Five Tips to get You Through the Week

Academics

5 Tips to Study for the PSAT

• Golf

Golf 2018

The Student News Site of Thomas More Prep Marian Jr/Sr High School
Five Tips to get You Through the Week